You will learn how to:
- Prep your t-shirts
- Cut them into blocks
- Design a layout with my helpful PDF pattern guide
- Sew them together
- Iron them
- Match up your seams for a professional look
- Add a border
- And more
JBQ Sewciety is for creative women who don't have time to attend an in person class but would like to cultivate their creativity through the art of quilting online and at their own pace!
The benefits of an online, work at your own pace class are:
- You won't have to schedule your life around it.
- You can work at your own pace whether you're slower than the rest of the class or faster than them.
- You can quilt at your own time: morning, afternoon, midnight, whenever!
- You get access to the lessons for the lifetime of your membership so that you can make more than one quilt!
- Save money on gas by quilting at home. As well as, the perks of not having to haul your supplies to the class.
- Quilt along with me or learn the basics and then quilt on your own!
- Enjoy some peace and quiet "me time" while feeling creative and productive.
- Impress your friends with this quilt and all the quilts to come because of this class.
- Make quality, heirloom gifts for your family and friends
You will need:
- sewing machine with optional walking foot
- rotary cutter, fabric scissors, snippers
- cutting mat and 12 1/2" ruler
- 8-10 yards of medium weight stabilizer
- Up to 20 t-shirts
- iron/ironing board
- 1/2-1 yard of cotton fabric of your choice
- computer, tablet, or phone to watch the lessons via a browser or download our app
We carry most of these products in our shop or in our amazon store!
Hi friend, I'm Rachel the instructor for this class! I've been teaching quilting since 2018. In fact, my very first class was teaching how to make t-shirt quilts! I love to see my students' success when creating a quilt.
I know the struggle of trying to start a new hobby. Learning all the new tools, techniques, and tricks to get your project to turnout perfect. You don’t want to waste time or money on something that’s not going to give you joy or satisfaction.
This class will walk you through step by step to help you start and finish a quilt you’ll be proud to show off. I’ll be there to help you along the way and if you ever get stuck I’m just a message away!
Join our JBQ Sewciety to get this course and lots more!
Member benefits include:
- Library full of quilting tutorials
- Classes including this one
- Free patterns
- Discounts on products like fabric, notions, thread, etc.
- Discounts on longarming services
- Virtual community
- Group lessons
- and more!
Become a member today! We're going to have sew much fun!
Memory quilts are so precious to me.
My very first memory quilt was a bridesmaids dress that a client asked me to turn into a quilt as a wedding gift to her friend who was the bride. I was so scared to cut into this gorgeous dress! At the time I didn’t even know how to free motion quilt but I knew how to piece so I did it scared. This quilt turned into one of my favorite quilts I’ve made so far! It turned out so beautifully and gave me the confidence to keep going with more memory quilt designs.
I’ve now made quilts out of
- button downs,
- military uniforms,
- formal wear,
- baby clothes,
- sports jerseys,
- 4-H ribbons,
- even gymnastics leotards.
I can’t wait to share my tips, tricks, and shortcuts with you so you, too, can have the confidence to cut into those treasured t-shirts you’ve been storing and create your own quilt story with them.
Join me today!